Friday, July 18, 2008

Extended Sleepovers (Extended)

House hunting is hard alone. I think I may have found out that it's even harder when you're trying to please somebody else as well. (Not to mention that their parents also need to be pleased (c'mon, you're a full grown, independent adult now, is it really necessary that your parents check off on where you feel like spending your money to live?))

That being said, I'm just barely hitting the month before school starts time on my deadline. I'm hoping to be moved by the end of the month, but that might be too much to hope for. Word is that there's a group wanting to rent out the entire basement of the Aves house that I liked. If that happens, that'll either get me into the top floor or looking for a new place. They must be having a bit of a hard time though, prices dropped $20/mo for every room in the house.

Fingers crossed, we'll see where this goes.

--Edit--
I didn't believe it myself, so I won't expect you to, either. When I drive, I sometimes sit with my right foot on my gas and my left foot crossed right, with my ankle turned such that my leg's weight rests on the left side of my foot. It's a bad habit, and usually leaves me feeling sore, which is what I was feeling after I passed out, as well as when I got home and got out of my car. I shrugged it off as the bad habit in action, both in the car, and the exam room.

Nope.

I sprained the damn thing. I'm not totally devastated about it, I'll miss a few days of biking, and I'll walk like an idiot for a day or two, but I'll live. I'm just bummed out that I didn't sprain it doing something cool. Oh well.. I hope my toolishness provides my readers with a few laughs. At the least, a few chuckles. I know that in a week, I'll be laughing too.

These contacts are also settling in. They recommended a wearing schedule, with only 4 hours for the first day. The only side effect of not following this schedule is the possibility of irritated/red eyes. I've gone overnight with a piece of glass in my eye (another story,) I think I should be able to handle a pair of contacts.

No comments: